Requesting Student's Responsibilities
- I agree to attend each class session. Unexcused absences may result in the withdrawal of volunteer note-taker services
for that class.
- I agree to have a back-up plan in place, such as a tape player or another student who will take notes, in the event
this note-taker is absent from class. I will also try to take my own notes, if this
- I understand that the volunteer note-taker is not required to take notes if I am absent
or late for class.
- After each class, the note-taker will give me the NCR original of the notes and the
note-taker keeps the copy. Taking notes on a laptop computer and e-mailing the student
or printing the notes is acceptable.
- It is my responsibility to carry the Note-Taker Notebook from class to class and hand it to the volunteer note-taking student at the beginning
- I will communicate with my note-taker often regarding the quality and legibility of
the notes. Positive feedback will improve the relationship and let the volunteer note-taker
know that I appreciate the service.
- I will call Disabilities Services (ext. 3057) regarding any problems associated with
- If for some reason I withdraw from this class, I will notify Disabilities Services.
Failure to do so could jeopardize future note-taking services.
- It is my responsibility to request volunteer note-taker service through Disabilities
Services each semester.