- How do I qualify for TIP?
You must be able to answer "YES" to all four of these questions...
- Have you had Medicaid for 24 months within a 36 consecutive month period from the
3rd to the 12 grade?
- Will you have obtained a high school diploma or GED by age 20 and applied for TIP?
- Are you a Michigan Resident?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- Who do I call to see if I qualify?
If you answered yes to all four of the questions above, then you call the State of
Michigan Scholarships and Grants Office at 1-888-4-GRANTS; 1-888-447-2687. That office
will send you a letter stating that you qualify for TIP.
- Does Ferris accept Phase I TIP?
YES, Ferris is the only public four-year college in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan
that accepts Phase I TIP funding.
- What do I do after I get my letter from the State of Michigan?
Fax a copy of the letter along with your high school diploma to Ferris State University's
Financial Aid Office at 231-591-2950.
- Who do I talk to at Ferris State University about TIP?
Judy Watson, TIP Scholars Coordinator 231-591-2400 or Sheri Edstrom, the TIP financial
aid representative, at 231-591-3174.
At Ferris State University, we all work together, and have a special support staff
that can help get you the answers you need, or direct you to the people who can help
you! If you have any questions, please contact Judy Watson.