Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I qualify for TIP?
You must be able to answer "YES" to all four of these questions...
- Have you had Medicaid for 24 months within a 36 consecutive month period from the
3rd to the 12 grade?
- Will you have obtained a high school diploma or GED by age 20 and applied for TIP?
- Are you a Michigan Resident?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- Who do I call to see if I qualify?
If you answered yes to all four of the questions above, then you call the State of
Michigan Scholarships and Grants Office at 1-888-4-GRANTS; 1-888-447-2687. That office
will send you a letter stating that you qualify for TIP.
- Does Ferris accept Phase I TIP?
YES, Ferris is the only public four-year college in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan
that accepts Phase I TIP funding.
- What do I do after I get my letter from the State of Michigan?
Fax a copy of the letter along with your high school diploma to Ferris State University's
Financial Aid Office at 231-591-2950.
- Who do I talk to at Ferris State University about TIP?
Call the TIP Scholars Office at 231-591-3716 or the Ferris Financial Aid Office at