Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I qualify for TIP?
You must be able to answer "YES" to all four of these questions...
- Have you had Medicaid for 24 months within a 36 consecutive month period?
- Will you have obtained a high school diploma or GED by age 20 and applied for TIP?
- Are you a Michigan Resident?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- Who do I call to see if I qualify?
If you answered yes to all four of the questions above, then you call
the State of Michigan Scholarships and Grants Office at 1-888-4-GRANTS;
- Does Ferris accept Phase I TIP?
YES, Ferris is one of a few four year colleges that accept Phase I.
- What do I do after I get my letter from the State of Michigan?
You should fax a copy of the letter along with your diploma to Ferris State University
Financial Aid Office at 231-591-2950.
- Who do I talk to at Ferris State University about TIP?
Judy Watson, TIP Scholars Coordinator 231-591-2400 or a financial aid
representative at 231-591-2000.
At Ferris State University, we all work together, we have a special
support staff that can help get you the answers you need, or direct you
to the people who can help you!!