- Number of sessions
A student may receive a maximum of two one-hour tutoring sessions per week per subject.
Be sure to check in at the front desk each time you come to the ASC. If your tutor is not ready to work with you when you arrive, take a seat and work quietly until he or she is available. If you have waited longer than 15 minutes, please check back in at the desk.
- Rescheduling Appointments
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call X3543 at least 4 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time. This gives us ample time to fill the time slot for the tutor.
If a student calls to cancel or reschedule an appointment less than 4 hours before the scheduled appointment time, the student's name will be put on the cancellation list. If this happens a second time, the student will be limited to Walk-In appointments for the rest of the semester.
- No Shows
If a student does not show up for the appointment, the student will be considered a "No Show". After one "No Show", the student cannot make any more appointments and will be served on a "Walk-In" basis only for the rest of the semester.
- Walk-In Appointment
If a student comes to the center without an appointment and a tutor is available, the student may have that time for a tutoring session.
- Preparing For Your Session (Your tutor is here to assist you, not to do the homework for you.)
- Read the assignment prior to your tutoring session. You will benefit more from your session.
- ATTEMPT THE HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT BEFORE THE TUTORING SESSION and bring what you have done with you, no matter how good or bad you think it is.
- Bring your textbook(s) and workbook(s).
- Bring your class assignment(s).
- Have questions for the tutor.
- Words of Wisdom
Remember that successful students study at least two hours per week for every hour of class time. If you are in class three hours per week, you should study at least six hours per week for that class.
We want you to get the most out of your tutoring session. Your signature indicates that you have read and agree to comply with the above policies.