A note of appreciation is extended to all staff, faculty and students for their support.
- The ASC and SLA served 2,721 students with 23,422 contacts in 2014-2015.
- SLA served 862 students in Fall 2014 and 744 students in Spring 2015, for a total of 1,606.
- SLA offered 16 courses with 36 sections in Fall 2014; Spring of 2015 SLA was offered in 16 courses and 32 sections.
SLA Noteworthy Courses – Spring 2015
- ACCT 202 had a pass rate of 100%, which was 14% higher than the non-SLA sections.
- BIOL 121 had a pass rate of 92%, which was 11% higher than the non-SLA sections.
- BLAW 321 had a pass rate of 100%, which was 26% higher than the non-SLA sections.
- MATH 115 had a pass rate of 80%, which was 8% higher than the non-SLA sections.
- Athletics – Presentations for tutoring and study skills presentations; Athletes participated in tutoring
- Center for Latin@ Studies – Provided tutors for Wednesday Tutoring in CLS
- College of Business – Economics Workshop tutoring
- OMSS – Tutors provided for study table
- Other Campus Partners
- Pancakes with the President – Provided tutors in the private dining room in Fall and Spring
- Residence Life – Provided tutors for six Residence Halls
- Purchased in Spring 2015, training in Summer 2015 and piloted Fall 2015.
Culture of Learning and Student Success is Evolving
- 1st Annual Celebration of National Tutoring Week
- 1st Annual End of the Semester Celebrations, Fall and Spring Semesters
- Students are coming in to use the ASC as a study area, enjoying the popcorn and atmosphere.
Academic Success Fairs
- The 9th Annual Fall Academic Success Fair, September 2014, with 300 students participating. There were 10 departments from across campus represented.
- The 1st Annual Spring Academic Success Fair, February 2015 in the IRC Connector with 125 students participating. There were 11 departments from across campus represented.
- Identifying Classroom, Workshop, Flex, Center, and SLA Tutors
ASC Satisfaction Survey
- Tutoring sessions “met or exceeded the expectations” of 97% of those surveyed.
- Students surveyed felt their grade had “improved as a result of coming in for tutoring.”
ASC Speaker Series
- 700 students served in the Fall Semester
- 125 students served in the Spring Semester
- Purchased in Fall 2015, Privacy film was added to the windows of the ASC to provide a feeling of security for students participating in the learning process.
- Presentations of the ASC’s services were made in on and off campus venues.
- An SLA presentation was facilitated in the FCTL, with 12 faculty members in attendance.