Foreword | Objectives | Prerequisites | Rules | Requirements | Grading
Advantages | Job Titles | Training Guide | Agreement | Evaluation Form
To success fully complete the internship course WELD-393, the intern must demonstrate
the ability to work in a real world welding engineering position. The following are
requirements of the course and all must be successfully completed.
The intern will:
Be employed in a welding engineering capacity:
- For a minimum of 10 weeks and 400 hours.
- As part of his/her internship experience, solve a welding engineering type problem
for his/her employer.
- Submit consecutive, weekly status reports via Ferris State Blackboard to the FSU internship
- Make a presentation of his/her special project to his/her peers at Ferris State University.
The employer will:
- Provide meaningful work assignments in welding engineering.
- Evaluate the intern once during his/her internship upon completion of at least 90%
of the internship.
- Provide a professional-level supervisor and mentor for the intern
The FSU Internship Coordinator will:
- Visit each intern at his/her work site.
- Review weekly status reports from interns.
- Act as liaison between the intern and employer.
- Evaluate the intern on his/her internship.
- Review employer evaluations of intern.
- Assign student grade upon semester completion.