Office: JOH 414
Phone: (231) 591-2518
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
University-level educator with comprehensive knowledge and experience in the Manufacturing Tooling Field that includes: engineering management, manufacturing system operations, tooling operations, tool design, die design, automation and systems development, stamping operations, steel fabrication, engineering and manufacturing operations, manufacturing processing including roll forming methods and operations.
Certified Vocational Educator with a B.S. in trade/Technical Education, with a MS in Career / Technical Education. Offers 31 years of comprehensive administrative and engineering experience in the manufacturing tooling field, with emphasis on the design and development of progressive dies, sheet metal operations, statistical process control, and design of experiment, manufacturing lines, automation and fixture design. Effective tooling and jig/fixture construction. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills enhanced by excellent technical abilities and well versed in the areas of industrial management and operations.
Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan 1997-Present
Associate Professor, Manufacturing Tooling Technology Program, College of Technology. Lead educator of for the following courses: MFGT 112 Machinery Handbook and Calculations, MFGT 160 Basic Metrology, MFGT 130 Theory of Producing Fix Assemblies, MFGT 131 Producing Fix Assemblies, MFGT Manufacturing Operations, MFGT 210 Theory of Producing Metalform Tool, MFGT 213 Producing Metalform Tooling, MFGT 252 Advanced Machine Tools, MFGE 321 Metrology, MFGE 352 Design for Manufacturing, MFGE 451 Plant Layout and Automation. Requires extensive content research and preparation; design curricula and create course modules and lessons for MFGT 110 Theory of Prod Machined Components, MFGT 113 Overview of Prod Machined Components, MFGT 114 Producing Machined Components which included all lecture and lab activities; effective teaching methods; team coordination; strong interpersonal and communication skills; solid decision making and problem-resolution skills; and constant updating of knowledge and technical skills.
Louis Nemastil, Consulting and Design Services, Hesperia, Michigan 1995-Present
Design and development of tooling systems, manufacturing systems, engineering operations, and training programs. Services are directed toward engineering and training activities, which include: tool design, tool processing, tool manufacturing, cost estimating, and program development. Clients consist of business owners, engineers, managers, team leaders, supervisors, and manufacturing facility personnel. Tool Design and training services are custom designed to enhance customer efficiency and productivity, including the ability to assess client needs, create course modules and lessons designed to meet individual customer requirements. Implementation of Microsoft Office software programs, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and strong English communication and customer service skills. Technical training and manufacturing plant experience.
Superior Metal Products, Corporate Tooling Division, Spring Lake, Michigan 1984-97
Design engineer, engineering administrator, and production coordinator with complete engineering capabilities. Responsible and accountable for ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations in all areas of engineering for twelve corporate divisions, including prototype development, manufacturing systems planning, troubleshooting, budgeting, quoting, and cost estimating. Emphasis on the design and development, from concept to implementation, of complete manufacturing lines using proper engineering methods and standards. Participated in Design of Experiments for product development and processes. Key player in initiating and maintaining corporate tooling computer system. Functions as consultant and troubleshooting for twelve corporate divisions nationwide. Scope of responsibility and accountability increased greatly in final years.
Bendix/Warner & Swasey Research Division, Solon, Ohio 1981-84
Tooling, manufacturing, and assembly operations of all prototype tooling and equipment for manufacturing and machine tool operations. Developed specifications for specialized machining operations, computed dimensions, planed layouts, and determined assembly method and sequence of machining operations. Set up and operated all standard machine tool equipment to machine parts to defined specifications. Verified dimensions, alignments, and clearances of prototype components and assemblies. Examined standard for previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures, and recommended design modifications regarding construction and function of prototype components.
Reed City Tool & Die, Reed City, Michigan 1980-81
Tool & Die Construction for plastic injection molding systems. Implemented theoretical knowledge into practical application. Fabricated plastic injection mold tooling in accordance with mold designs and accepted procedures. Constructed and assemble injection mold tooling in accordance with specified tool design, accepted practices, including performing routine and complex repairs to injection molds. Ability to perform operations using a spotting press as needed. Set up and operated all general machine tools such as lathes and surface grinders. Skilled in the operation of conventional milling machines, sinker EDM machines. Perform layout and bench work, using machines and hand tooling.
IEM Corporation, Roger Heights, Michigan 1980
Tooling Operations and Machining, Fabrication.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Graduate Studies; Highest Distinction; Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan.
- President, St. Michael’s School Board, Grand Rapids Diocese affiliation. Responsible for setting agendas; conducting meetings; setting budgets; coordinating and implementing programs and policies; motivating and encouraging in a proactive management style.
- Mechanical Advisor for Science Olympia, St. Michael School, Fremont, Michigan.
- Administration of grant monies, St Michael School, Fremont Michigan.
- Established educational program involving business skills directed toward enhancing math and science curriculum. Grant monies obtained through the Fremont area foundation, Fremont Michigan.
- Served on the Curriculum Committee for the Manufacturing Department, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan.
- Founder and Chairperson of the Annual Giving Campaign for twelve years, Saint Michael School, Fremont Michigan. Total Endowment raised during my tenure $480,000.00
- Served on the Associate Deans Search Committee for the College of Technology, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan.
- Served on the Conduct Review Committee: (CRC) in Judicial Services. Served as representative for the College of Technology, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan.
- Served on the search committee for a tenure track position for the Manufacturing Tooling Technology Program, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan.
- Author of reorganization plan for the Grand Rapids Diocese, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Implementation of School organizational and operational plan.
- Mentoring Appointment for the Manufacturing Tooling Technology tenure track faculty, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan.
- Served on The Manufacturing Tooling Technology Program Review committee, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan.
- Co-Contributor and Research Coordinator for the Hesperia Master Plan Committee. Appointed by the Hesperia Village Council to serve on the planning committee. Hesperia Master Plan Committee, Hesperia, MI.
- Served on the College Diversity committee for the College of Engineering Technology, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan.
- Elected Village Trustee for the Village of Hesperia, Hesperia Michigan. Serving a four year term on the village council, 2009-2013.
- Appointed in 2012 President Pro Tem for the Village of Hesperia, Hesperia Michigan. Serving a four year term on the village council, 2009-2013.
COMPUTER / SOFTWARE OPERATIONS