VISION AND EYE CARE LINKS
Below are links to other informational sites. The Michigan College of Optometry and
Ferris State University do not endorse any of the following sites:
- All About Vision -- Patient information on vision problems, eye surgery, contact lenses, eye examinations,
- American Academy of Optometry -- The AAO serves to maintain and enhance excellence in optometric practice by fostering
research and the dissemination of knowledge in both basic and applied vision science
and patient education on a wide variety of eye and vision topics.
- American Optometric Association -- The Mission of the AOA is to... "Advance the profession and serve optometrists
in meeting the eye care needs of the public." The objectives of AOA are centered on
improving the quality and availability of eye and vision care. The AOA fulfills its
mission in accordance with the following goals:
- Health care and public policy related to eye care will uniformly recognize optometrists
as primary care providers and ensure the public has access to the full scope of optometric
- Optometrists and other professionals will look to the American Optometric Association
for professional standards, research and education leadership which serve to enhance
and ensure competent, quality patient care.
- The public, optometrists and other professionals will turn to the American Optometric
Association for reliable and current information related to optometry, eye care and
health care policy.
- Antique Spectacles - This website is the result of the collaboration of International educators and
is for everyone s interest and enjoyment. It is the place where we celebrate vision
aids, especially spectacles. Certainly one of the most significant inventions of all
time, they are symbols of man's incredible ingenuity and craftsmanship. Embrace the
profound impact that spectacles alone have had on the human experience over the past
730 years. Use this link to learn more.
- Michigan Optometric Association -- The Mission of the MOA is to unite all licensed optometrists and be the representative
voice for the profession of optometry in Michigan. The association provides education,
information and other members services to assist optometrists in practicing successfully
in accordance with the highest standards of patient care; works to advance the quality
and accessibility of optometric services throughout the state and seeks to ensure
the recognition of optometrists as the primary providers of vision and related health.
- Net Wellness -- Health information and patient education on a wide variety of topics.