Patient History, to obtain specific information about the patients eye and
vision status and important background information on related medical issues.
During this initial component of the examination, the clinician has the
opportunity to identify and assess problem areas as well as become acquainted
with the patient and establish a relationship of confidence and trust. The
patient history includes:
- Nature of the presenting problem
- Visual and ocular history
- General health history
- Medication usage and medication allergies
- Family eye and medical histories
- Vocational and avocational vision requirements
Comprehensive Exams include:
For further information on common vision and ocular conditions, please visit our
and Vision Information page.