International Applicants

Are courses from Canadian universities accepted? Yes.

Are courses from other international universities accepted? Applicants who have completed courses at an international university must submit their transcripts to the Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for a “course by course” evaluation. Refer to Advanced Standing for Graduates of International Optometry Programs.

If English is my second language, do I need to take the TOEFL? (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Yes, or provide proof that you have completed a college level English course from a U.S. college or university. A minimum passing score is considered to be 550 on the PBT or 80 on the iBT.

Is financial aid available for International students? No.