Statement of Purpose
The Purpose of the Television and Digital Media Production
Program is to provide opportunities for student learning in the
creative and technical communication skills necessary to develop
successful careers in Television and Digital Media Production.
Television and Digital Media Production Program Learning
- Professionalism (Interpersonal/Attitude) – Developed
skills, competence, and character of a trained professional.
- Project Management (Communication) - Demonstrate directing,
planning, organizing, time management, project design,
communicating, and measurement of media project outcomes.
- Pre-Production (Producing) – Define and conduct
preliminary research related to producing a media project.
- Production (Creation) – Design and develop media
projects including videography, lighting and sound.
- Post-Production (Completion) – Assemble and arrange the
final stage of media project design.Technical Skills (Expertise) – Operate media
studio, equipment, computers, and networks
- Media Design (Interactive, motion, web and graphic design)
– Define, design, demonstrate, develop and deliver
interactive DVD and web design, motion graphics, titles, lower
thirds and other graphic elements.