Interim Occupational Certificate allows for an individual to instruct at the vocational level. Ferris is authorized to recommend for many vocational areas.
The vocational officer will create a file and you will be considered part of a "credit track" plan once the following documents are completed and received.
The following documents can be sent with the above or at a later time
- Employer Verification or Annual Authorization
- MTTC testing results
- First Aid & CPR certification
If you are seeking to complete your professional education classes at Ferris you may
apply for admission on-line (no application fee): On-line Application Link
Choose Program: "Interim Occupational Certificate"
Official Transcripts from ALL previous schools must be requested by you and sent to Ferris before you will be admitted.
Additional information documents:
- IOC Class requirement Checklist
- Work Experience Guidelines
- MDE Requirements and exceptions for Work Experience
- MDE available vocational areas and CIP codes
- Link to MTTC testing website
- Professional Readiness Exam (formerly Basic Skills) (#096) required of all Vocational instructors
- Subject area test required if available (Business & Marketing)
Michelle Kelenske, MS
Advisor, Vocational Authorization Officer
1349 Cramer Circle, Bishop 416A
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Phone (231) 591-3642