Professor, Teacher Education
Office: 1105 Mott Memorial Building
Phone: (810) 762-5156
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1401 E. Court St,
University Center, Mott Memorial Building,
Mott Community College:
Flint, Michigan 48503
Additional Duties: Serving Off- Campus SE Michigan Students
Hobbies: Running, family and local Michigan history, traveling
Doctorate of Philosophy: Dissertation Title: Ohio Joint School Administrators Perceptions Regarding the Importance and Use of Total Quality Management. The Ohio State University, February 1996.
Master of Science: The Prioritization of Agricultural Education Teachers Responsibilities as Perceived by Secondary Vocational Administrators and Agricultural Education Teachers'. Michigan State University, Extension Education. June 1991.
Bachelor of Science & Teacher Certification: Michigan State University, December 1985.
Associate Degree in Technology: St. Clair County Community College, December 1981.
Ferris State University Associate Professor Career and Technical Education
Mott Community College Curriculum Research Specialist and Teacher Education Program Coordinator & Adjunct Faculty Member
Mott Community College - National Science Foundation Project Manager & Teacher Education Transfer Coordinator
Eastern Michigan University Adjunct Lecturer
University of Michigan - Flint, Program Evaluator
University of Michigan - Flint, Visiting Assistant Professor College of Education and Human Services (CEHS)
Ohio State University - Technology Resource Person & Extension Researcher
Ohio State University - Research Associate
Ohio State University - Computer Instruction Coordinator
Michigan Department of Education & Michigan State University In-Service Developer
Michigan State University In-Service Coordinator
Michigan State University - Resource Materials Coordinator
Lakeview High School Agriscience Education Instructor
Professional Affiliations & Activities:
Charter Organization Committee Member for the Michigan Association for Community College
Educator Programs, Lansing, Michigan, Winter 2003-05.
National Science Foundation ATE Proposal Reviewer, Washington, DC. 2003
MACCTEP Conference Committee Member and Conference Organizer, 2002 - 2005
NACCTEP Conference, Proposal Reviewer, 2004, 2005
Michigan Education Association ESP Certification Project (2002). Committee Member
American Education Research Association, Member, 1999 2003
American Education Research Association Conference Proposal Reviewer, 2004, 2005
National Association for Community College Teacher Education Programs, Member, 2002
Association for Career and Technical Education Member, 1985- present.
- Michigan Career Education Conference. Integration of Academic and Vocational Education and Utilization of Multimedia in Instruction . Detroit, MI. Feb. 2007.
- LAND Conference. Articulation and Transfer from Community Colleges to 4-Year Institutions. East Lansing, MI Feb. 2007.
- Michigan Career Education Conference. Three conference presentations. Grand Rapids, MI. Feb. 2006
- NACCTEP National Conference. - Articulation and Partnerships in Community College Educator Programs. February 2005 New York, NY.
- No Child Left Behind WorkKeys in Michigan: Invited Panelist. Michigan Department of
- Education, Macomb Community College. 2003.
- Day of Dialogue I, II, III, IV, V: Collaboration with Teacher Education Programs. Lansing, Jackson, Flint, and Macomb, MI, Presenter at every conference 2001-2006.
- NACCTEP Conference: Preparing for Collaboration or Preparing for Battle?, Phoenix, AZ, 2003
- Program and Discipline Review Process: Occupational Trends Conference: Traverse City,
- Michigan, 2002.
- Space Allocation Process or Oklahoma Land Grab: Occupational Trends Conference: Traverse City, Michigan, 2002.
- Urban League of Flint: How Wide the GAP: The Condition of Blacks in Flint, Michigan: 25
- Years Later. Press Conference Jan. 2002.
- Teacher Expo: Conference Organizer Four years in a row, 1999-2002.
- Day of Dialogue I & II Paraprofessional Pathways: Presenter at both conferences: 2002
- Core competencies for Paraprofessionals Developed and Utilized by Three States
Technology Roundtable Presentation: Online Learning Lessons Learned, U of M-Flint, 2001
National Science Foundation Poster Presentation Simulation Project, American Association of Community Colleges, Washington, DC. November 2000.
Publications / Projects:
Ennis, F. & et. al. (2002). Urban League: The condition of blacks in Flint, Michigan, 25 years later. Community Foundation.
Ennis, F. M. (2000). Community outreach partnership center program, mid-term and final reports. U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Project #RFGA - 4056
Positions / Memberships:
Member at Large, MACCEP, 2004-2006
Planning Committee, State-Wide Day of Dialogue Conference 2002-2004
Faculty Scholarships and Grants Committee, University of Michigan Flint 2003
Michigan Department of Education and Michigan Department of Career Development Community College Partnership Committee, 2002-2003
Articulation and Transfer Committee, Mott Community College, 2001-2003
Web-Page Development Committee, Mott Community College, 2002-2003
Awards and Recognition
Web Pioneer Award, UM-Flint, 2000
Distinguished Faculty Award Nomination UM-Flint, 1997
American Society for Quality Control Fellowship, 1995
Michigan Industrial Arts Education Society, Outstanding Service Recognition 1988.