All scholarship applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- US Citizen
- At least 17 years of age within the 1st semester of college
- Less then 31 years old at graduation
- 920 SAT or 19 ACT composite
- 2.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average on 4.0 scale
- Be in good physical condition and be able to pass a medical examination
- Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (push ups, sit ups, 2 mile run)
- Meet Height/Weight Requirements
Available in the form of 2, 2.5, 3, & 4 year scholarships.
High school seniors apply by 10 January (standard deadline) of their senior year. Apply on-line at www.goarmy.com/rotc or call (1-800-750-ROTC) for an application.
100% Tuition paid throughout 3 or 4 years of college. Receive $1200 annually for books. Receive monthly stipend ($300 for freshmen, $350 for sophomores, $450 for juniors, and $500 for seniors). (10 Months a year)
Upon graduation from Ferris State, the cadet will be commissioned as a Second Lieutenant and serve on active duty for 4 years or serve in the Reserve components for 8 years. All cadets are required to take one ROTC course per semester and a lab. The time commitment is approx 5-7 hours weekly for Freshman and Sophomores, and 7 - 10 hours per week for Juniors and Seniors.