Internship Benefits for Students
- Enables students to apply classroom theory to actual work situations.
- Confirms or redirects career decision-making through on-the-job experience in a chosen
- Allows students to test out their interests and develop their long-range career plans,
and provide a basis to select elective course work which integrates their studies
and career goals.
- Enhance the graduate's marketability by providing on-the-job training.
- Increases increased academic performance (higher G.P.A., fewer failed courses), and
a 20% greater graduation rate.
- Enhances affordability of college through employer-paid wages. This is a means of
financial assistance that is available to all students, regardless of family income
levels or other financial aid arrangements.
- Develops students' overall maturity by strengthening resourcefulness, problem-solving
skills, self-confidence, self-discipline and sense of responsibility.
- Develops human relations skills through interaction in career settings.
- Improves job opportunities after graduation by giving students valuable work experience
and contact with potential future employers.
- Provides a better understanding of what is expected if one is to succeed in the workplace.
- Enhances classroom learning by integrating academic curriculum and real-world work
- Teaches valuable job-search skills such as career assessment, resume writing and interviewing