To make an appointment at the Writing Center, call 591-2534 or see our receptionist
at 1017 Arts and Science Commons.
We also offer walk-in tutoring. Come to the Writing Center during walk-in times, sign
the waiting list, and the first available tutor will work with you.
Writing Center Appointment Policies
- You do not have to attend the Writing Center specifically for a class. However, if
you are attending for a specific class, we will notify your instructor of your appointment.
- Standard appointment time is ½ hour. One-hour appointments can also be arranged.
- If you are 10 minutes late for an appointment, you will be considered a no-show.
- Walk-in tutoring is first-come, first-served. Walk-in sessions are 30 minutes.
- If you no-show for 2 appointments, you will no longer be able to schedule another
appointment and will have to attend walk-in tutoring.
- Our printers and computers are not for student use; your paper will need to be printed
out before your appointment.
- If you have a standing appointment and miss the appointment without calling to cancel,
or if you cancel two weeks in a row, you will lose that appointment slot.