- All students enrolled in the Health Care Systems Administration Program must earn at least a "C" in all courses listed below.
- If you earn less than "C" in any of the courses, you will be required to repeat the course.
- Prior to taking HCSA 392 or HCSA 493, all of the following courses must have been satisfactorily completed.
- A GPA of 2.25 is required for graduation.
|HCSA 392-Internship 1
|COHP 101- Orientation to Health Care Systems|
|COHP 102- Safety Issues in Health Care|
|COMM 105- Interpersonal Communication OR COMM 221- Small Group Decision Making|
|ENGL 150- English 1|
|ENGL 250- English 2|
|MRIS 103- Medical Terminology|
|MRIS 209- Quality Management in Health Care|
|ISYS 200- Database Applications|
|HCSA 120- Health Care Administration|
|ACCT 201- Principles of Accounting 1|
|HCSA 202- Health Care Law 1|
|MRIS 221 – Fundamentals of Reimbursement|
|HCSA 310- Health Care Finance 2|
|HCSA 336- Health Care Supervisory Practices|
|HCSA 345- Internship Orientation|
|HCSA 493-Internship 2*
|COHP 350 – Statistics in Healthcare|
|ENGL 311- Advanced Technical Writing OR ENGL 325- Advanced Business Writing|
|ENGL 321- Advanced Composition OR ENGL 323- Proposal Writing|
|COHP 300- Health Information System|
|COHP 317- Public Health|
|HCSA 392- Hospital Internship|
|HCSA 410- Health Care Finance 3|
|HCSA 260- Principles of Long Term Care|
|HCSA 474- Health Care Strategic Application|
HCSA 475- Practice Management
Dismissal Policy: Any ONE of the following will result in dismissal from the program
- Two unsuccessful attempts (less than “C”) in any of the courses listed below will result in dismissal from the Health Care Systems Administration program, or
- Unsuccessful attempts (less than “C”) of more than 50% of the courses listed below during any semester, or
- Unsuccessful attempts (less than “C”) of more than 12 credit hours of the courses listed below while in the program.
- Withdrawal from a course that results in a ‘W’ in lieu of a grade counts as an unsuccessful attempt.