COLLEGE OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. a. Can I get credit for coursework done in a high school health occupations
Please call 1-800-GO-BULLDOG for more information.
For more information about Articulated Advanced Placement click here.
b. How can I get credit for a high school advanced placement test?
Advanced Placement Program
2. How can I find out which of my credits will transfer to Ferris?
For transfer students, a program may or may not accept grades earned based upon program qualifications and progression requirements. Additionally, prerequisite requirements must be considered when accepting transfer credits.
Please click here to visit our Health Professions transfer website. For transfer students, a program
may or may not accept grades earned based upon program qualifications Additionally,
prerequisite requirements must be considered when accepting transfer credits.
Click here to read the University's general education transfer policy. For information on transfer credits by institution, click here. Select the college you have attended. Then select the course prefix to view which courses in that subject area will transfer.
3. After receiving a transcript evaluation, is there a way to appeal a decision that
doesn’t accept a class I’ve taken?
Steps to take:
a. Contact the CHP transcript evaluator, Cindi Donley to ask about the details of the evaluation of the course in question.
b. Contact the department offering the course with a copy of the course syllabus. The department head will then be able to further diagnose the equivalency and verify or revise the decision already made. Use the following link to search by department office: Campus Directory
c. To see how equivalencies are determined, click here.
4. How can I get an official copy of my Ferris transcript?
5. How can I take a summer class at my community college?
Become a guest student for a semester. It is advantageous to complete a guest application as, in most cases, it eliminates the application fee at the guest institution, and eliminates the need for your FSU transcripts to be sent to that institution.
6. Can I get credit for what I’ve learned outside of a classroom?
Yes, procedures for applying for prior learning credit can be found at the following link. A processing fee is charged. Prior Learning Assessment Link
7. What happens if I repeat a course I didn’t do well in the first time?
a. Contact the Records Office at email@example.com to request a re-evaluation of your GPA to include the best grade.
b. To review the University policy, click here.
c. Call your Program Coordinator regarding program qualifications and progression.
8. As a transfer student, can I qualify to use the early registration option?
a. If you have 20 credits or more; for early registration option; call department secretary of the program of your choice. Link to Dept. listing for contacts.
b. If you have less than 20 credits; sign up for orientation.
11. Additional Information for Transfer StudentsTransfer Credit Guide for Students