Tell Me More About Sonography
What You Should Know
- The Ferris State University Sonography Program is Accredited through CAAHEP.
- Graduates of the program are eligible to write the Physical Principles/Instrumentation
Examination before graduation from the program. In addition, graduates are eligible to
take the Specialty Examinations for the RDMS Credential (Abdomen, and Obstetrics and
Gynecology) upon graduation.
- Clinical internship is completed during the last three semesters of the program.
- Internships are available throughout the state of Michigan
- Ferris graduates are highly sought after employees in hospitals, doctor's offices
and other health care organizations.
What a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Does
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers use high frequency sound waves to produces images
and data that assist health care professionals diagnose various diseases and disease
processes. Sonographers are taught to work independently and to operate highly technical
ultrasound equipment to acquire sonographic images. Physicians depend on the Sonographers
assistance with interpretation of the images to evaluate many body parts and structures,
especially of the abdomen and pelvis.
Read what the Bureau of Labor and Statistics has to say about Sonography as a profession!