Thursday, October 8, 2015 For FSUS 100 students only!!
10:AM to 2:30 PM (Takes approximately 50 minutes)
University Center 202
PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ENTERED INTO A DRAWING FOR ONE OF TWO $250 SCHOLARSHIPS!
Get Real! is a fun, interactive game, geared especially for Ferris Students.
- It will take approximately 45 - 50 minutes to complete the event
- You will choose an occupation that may be obtained with your Ferris degree, and then
play carnival-type games to determine marital status, whether or not you have children,
- You will then proceed to visit 18 different "life stations" where you will simulate
the purchase of a home and vehicle, determine monthly student loan payments, shop
for insurance, day care, utilities, groceries, etc. - very similar to the LIFE board
- There will also be a "Get Real! Wheel" designed to simulate unexpected windfalls or expenses.
- This exercise is designed to give you a "real life" experience.
- Free pizza and refreshments available while supplies last.
- This event is limited to students currently enrolled in FSUS100 classes.
- There will be a Get Real! event for continuing students in April 2016.
Get Real! will be staffed by Ferris State University employees and local businesses, as well
as student volunteers.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
* Scholarships will be awarded based on federal financial aid regulations. If you
owe a balance to the FSU Student Financial Services Office, the scholarship will be
applied to your outstanding charges. If you have already been awarded financial aid
up to your budget, then your loans will be reduced.
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING PARTICIPATING BUSINESSES:
- ANIMAL RESCUE COALITION
- CONSUMERS ENERGY
- GARY TRIMARCO AUTOMOTIVE
- HUNTINGTON BANK
- RUE 21
- THE GATE
- TOT'S PLACE
- WEST CENTRAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
If you have questions about Get Real! please contact Melanie Mulder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Real! is based on the Reality Store concept created by the Indiana Women's Education Foundation, Inc.
Anyone with a disability who needs special accommodations to attend this event should
contact Melanie Mulder at (231) 591-2121 email@example.com at least 72 hours in advance.