Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 3-8 PM University Center 202
Get Real! is a fun, interactive game, geared especially for Ferris Students.
- It will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete the event
- You will choose an occupation that may be obtained with your Ferris degree, and then
play carnival-type games to determine marital status, whether or not you have children,
- You will then proceed to visit 18 different "life stations" where you will simulate
the purchase of a home and vehicle, determine monthly student loan payments, shop
for insurance, day care, utilities, groceries, etc. - very similar to the LIFE board
- There will also be a "Get Real! Wheel" designed to simulate unexpected windfalls or expenses.
- This exercise is designed to give you a "real life" experience.
- Free pizza and refreshments available while supplies last.
Get Real! will be staffed by Ferris State University employees and local businesses, as well
as student volunteers.
If you pre-register and complete Get Real, you will be entered into a drawing for
prizes including three $250 scholarships* and FSU apparel.
* Scholarships will be awarded based on federal financial aid regulations. If you
owe a balance to the FSU Business Operations Office, the scholarship will be applied
to your outstanding charges. If you have already been awarded financial aid up to
your budget, then your loans will be reduced.
** Please note that Get Real! is an exercise that simulates life experiences. This event will not use your actual student loan debt figures nor
is there any guarantee of salary outcomes, etc.
If you have questions about Get Real! please contact Melanie Mulder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING PARTICIPATING BUSINESSES:
- ANIMAL RESCUE COALITION
- CHEMICAL BANK
- CONSUMERS ENERGY
- THE GATE
- HUNTINGTON BANK
- LAKE & LODGE REALTY
- LAKESIDE MOTOR SPORTS
- PATTERSON'S FLOWERS
- PEEBLES DEPARTMENT STORE
- BILL SCHEIBLE/STATE FARM INSURANCE
- GARY TRIMARCO AUTOMOTIVE
Get Real! is based on the Reality Store concept created by the Indiana Women's Education Foundation, Inc.