For the purposes of this code, the following definitions shall apply.
- The term “University” means Ferris State University
- The term “student” includes the following:
- A person who has been notified of his/her acceptance for admission to Ferris State University, who is admitted and enrolled in any credit-bearing course or program in any school or division of Ferris State University, or who is a continuing student between academic periods.
- A person who resides in Ferris State University housing, whether or not that person is enrolled in any school or division of Ferris State University.
- A person who has withdrawn after allegedly violating the policies regarding misconduct, who is not officially enrolled in any credit-bearing course or program but who has a continuing relationship with Ferris State University.
- The term “faculty member” means any person hired by the University to conduct classroom responsibilities.
- The term “Director of Student Conduct” means the Director and all appropriate designees, including hearing committees.
- The term “Vice President for Student Affairs” means the Vice President and all appropriate designees.
- The terms “University official” or “staff member” includes any person employed by the University, performing assigned administrative, professional, or para-professional responsibilities.
- The term “University property” includes all land, buildings, facilities, and other property that is owned, used, or controlled by the University, including adjacent streets and sidewalks.
- The term “business days” is defined as all days, excluding those when the University officially is not in session. Non-session days are identified as those that occur between the last day of final examinations of one semester and the first day of classes of the following semester, including official closing days for Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, and the Fourth of July.