The Physical Plant is involved in many facets of the university such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry. All of the departments that compose the Physical Plant are dedicated to the recycling goals of Ferris.
What are we doing?
- Ferris Physical Plant has partnered with Recycle Mecosta County
- Used recycled asphalt, which is milled and used in temporary sidewalks, road repair and new construction
- Sends power tool batteries for re-manufacture
- Recovers refrigerant
- Scrap metal is recycled
- Grounds compost pile
- Purchases only 100% recycled bath tissue and hand towel products
- Uses primarily “green” cleaning products
- Sends HVAC electrical motors and controllers for re-manufacture
- Converting exit lights from incandescent to L.E.D
- Ferris Physical Plant has partnered with vendors to remove confidential material to be shredded and recycled.