Ferris has a diverse group of technology-related committees set up to address different
technology needs. Below is a list of those groups and their purpose.
- Applications Steering Committee - The Applications Steering Committee will provide strategic oversight of existing
and proposed enterprise application systems*. The committee will ensure that enterprise
applications are aligned with the university strategic plans and provide appropriate
guidance for planning, prioritizing, implementing, and development of these systems.
- Technical Review Team- The principal role of the Applications Technical Team is caretaker of Ferris State
University's enterprise application systems*. Primarily upon direction from the university
constituency, this team will:
- Coordinate installation of application software
- Coordinate software integration between applications
- Coordinate software and hardware upgrades
- Recommend priorities and time lines for projects based on resource availability
- Balance work load for on-going maintenance per resource availability
- Problem solve across functional areas
- Share relevant issues among technical staff
- E-Learning Management Advisory Team- The task force’s overarching goal is to plan strategically for e-learning at Ferris
State University. Included in this goal is the expectation that the University’s e-learning
efforts will increase in number and improve in quality. The primary thrust of the
group’s attention will be in these four areas:
- Setting strategic directions (mission, vision, annual goals)
- Establishing policies, standards, and procedures
- Prioritizing financial investments (often based on recommendations from other groups)
- Determining roles and responsibilities in broad terms (not particular tasks)
- Emergency Preparedness Team – Is responsible for recommending, implementing and using IT tools to send messages
to the campus community in a emergency/crisis situation.
- FerrisConnect Advisory Board - The primary mission of the FerrisConnect Advisory Board is to work hand in hand
with the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning, Information Technology Services
Division, and faculty, to support their growth in the use of current and emerging
learning technologies. Meeting minutes can be accessed here.
- Functional Area Coordinating Team - The FACT will work together to coordinate and prioritize technical and functional
work relating to integrated software applications of the University. These applications
will include the Banner system and other integrated systems that require university
- Desktop and Classroom Technology Standards Committee - Sets recommendations and standards related to the personal computing devices and
classroom technology used on campus. Minutes of the group can be accessed here.
- MyFSU Portal Advisory Committee
- Strategic Planning and Resource Council – Puts specific goals and initiatives of the University into practice to enhance
our students' educational experience, insure a welcoming community, sustain the financial
position of the institution, provide quality learning and living facilities, enrich
collaboration, and foster innovation.
Last modified: 12/07/2011