Ferris State University offers a wide variety of full-time, part-time, continuing, and temporary employment opportunities at our main campus in Big Rapids and in our various off-campus locations throughout the state. We currently employ approximately 1,500 employees in the following categories:
To access pay stub information you will log into MyFSU on the Workplace tab under Pay Information. You may change your W-4 exemptions through MyFSU as well.
Human Resources conducts New Employee Orientation every other Monday at 9:15 a.m. Please arrive 30 minutes early if you need to complete paperwork. The orientation is held at Human Resources, Alumni Building, Room 121. New employees are required to attend this new orientation on or before their date of hire.
Information that will be completed at New Employee Orientation:
- Employee Biographic/Demographic Information
- I-9 Form (Authorization to Work in the United States)
- Information about documentation that is required to bring to prove authorization to work in the United States
- Michigan Public School Employee Retirement Systems Questionnaire
- Faculty/Staff ID Card
- Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle information will be needed to complete the form, including make, model, and license plates for vehicles. You are able to request a hanging tag for multiple vehicles, but you will need to include the same information for all of the vehicles.
- You will be issued a temporary parking pass until the permanent parking pass is issued by Public Safety.
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- Conflict of Interest Policy
New employee orientation will typically take place between 8:45am and 4:00pm. If you have already completed your initial paperwork, you may report to orientation at 9:30am.
Any questions should be directed to the Student Employment Office at 231-591-2110.
Ferris State University's pay schedule is bi-weekly. Direct Deposit information is provided to employees with new hire paperwork. To make changes, log into MyFSU > Workplace under Employee Services and update your Direct Deposit information.
Ferris appreciates those who are willing to donate their time to contribute their expertise to further the mission of FSU.
These procedures are intended to help a productive and mutually beneficial experience while outlining appropriate expectations for both volunteers/affiliates and the sponsoring departments.