The employment office administers the University Hiring Process that includes posting all Position Vacancy Announcements each week, coordinating all position advertising, maintaining current job openings, and assisting departments with recruiting. The employment office is also responsible for accepting applications, administering clerical skills tests, creating and maintaining all employee personnel files, processing employment status change forms, performing HRS data entry and maintaining employee data integrity, and coordinating New Employee Orientation.
All current open positions are listed on our Job Opportunities Web page as well as on the Job Openings bulletin board located in the Human Resources office in Prakken.
Ferris State University offers a wide variety of full-time, part-time, continuing, and temporary employment opportunities at our main campus in Big Rapids and in our various off-campus locations throughout the state. We currently employ approximately 1,800 employees in the following categories:
- Administrative and Administrative Support- Examples of Administrative (and support) positions are Coaches, Program Directors and Coordinators, Vice Presidents, Managers, Supervisors, Accountants, Network and Computer Technicians, Residence Hall Directors, Administrative Assistants, and Deans.
- AFSCME (American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees) - Examples of AFSCME positions are Food Service Workers, Cooks,Custodians, Grounds Workers, Bus Drivers, Stockroom Coordinators, and skilled trades positions.
- CTA (Clerical Technical Association)- Examples of CTA positions are Clerks, Telephone Operators, Account Clerks, Secretaries, Cable TV Technicians, Payroll Clerks, and Financial Aid Assistants.
- Faculty Full-time Tenure-track (9 and 12 month), Full-time temporary (one academic year), or supplemental/adjunct faculty positions exist in all of the University’s eleven colleges.
- Other employment categories also include Nurses, Public Safety Officers, and Public Safety Supervisors.
Applications for employment can be obtained by visiting the Human Resources office, or an application can be mailed to you by contacting one of the numbers listed below.
We invite you to explore any career opportunity Ferris has to offer and take a tour through our virtual campus!