This Committee shall
- Review and recommend policies pertaining to the conduct of intercollegiate athletics.
- Be informed of schedules and contracts for athletic events and any agreements directly connected with the institution's athletic program.
- Approve a system of athletic honors and awards.
- Provide information and assistance to official representatives of the university (at conference and association meetings) in all matters pertaining to the program of intercollegiate athletics at Ferris State University.
- Review and approve any activities of the intercollegiate athletics program not specifically provided for above.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to the intercollegiate athletic department pertaining to procedures and practices of the athletic program.
- Serve as a liaison between the athletic program and the general Ferris community (students, staff, faculty, administration) in terms of communication.
- Ensure full observance in the Ferris intercollegiate athletic program of all policies, rules and regulations as set forth by the Ferris Athletic Advisory Committee, the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA), the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Divisions I and II.