- Review the Decision Tree and determine if you project needs an animal protocol.
- Meet with Animal Care Facility Coordinator (231-591-2246 or RichardMarble@ferris.edu)
- Meet with the Attending Veterinarian (JamesScott@ferris.edu)
- Complete Animal Care and Use Protocol / Proper Appendices
A. Review the application flowchart while filling out your IACUC protocol application
B. Gain proper signatures from Animal Care Facility Coordinator/Vet/Department Chair/Head/Dean
- Complete Occupational Health and Safety Packet/Risk Assessment Form/Health Assessment forms following the SOP on the OHS Page
- Submit OHS Risk Assessment forms to Birkam Health to the attention of Candace Price.
- Submit Protocol to IACUC Chair at least one week before the next IACUC meeting.
- Once your protocol is approved, meet again with the Animal Care Facility Coordinator to receive access codes and facility orientation.