Download entry form here.
BEYOND celebrates and stimulates greater global connections.
• Use photography to capture the people, places, or artifacts of connections you
have made that have taken you beyond your everyday life
• In addition to the photograph, submit a statement that describes in 50 words or
less how your photograph represents connections that "go beyond".
The contest is open to all individuals who wish to submit an entry. There are two
categories for judging.
• Entrants under 16 years of age as of October 1.
• Entrants above 16 years of age as of October 1.
• Photos must be original work (no copyrighted material will be accepted).
• Only images appropriate for public display will be accepted. Judges reserve the
right to deny any entrant due to inappropriate content.
• Photos must be in either black and white, sepia, or color.
• No more than one photo will be accepted per applicant.
• Photos must be no larger than 2MB and must be in JPEG format. • Photos must be
in CMYK format and 300 dpi.
• The photo and description must be submitted with attached entry form.
• Hard copies of the entry forms can be picked up in IRC 134 on the campus of Ferris
State University, and they can also be found on our website.
• Entries are to be emailed to beyondphotocontest@ gmail.com by September 21 at 11:59pm.
Display and Judging
• All submitted photos will be uploaded to the BEYOND FaceBook page (beyond.facebook.com).
Photos will earn a point for each "like" the receive.
• In-person voting will take place at BEYOND events including the Eve of Nations,
and BEYOND the Silk Road Experience.
• All forms of voting will conclude Sunday October 7, 2012 at 3:00 pm. Judges' decisions
are final and in case of a tie, a small group of judges will determine the final choice.
• The winners will be announced at 4:30 pm at the BEYOND the Silk Road Experience
event in the IRC corridor. In the event that the winner is not present, they will
be contacted by phone or email.
Gift cards of the following values will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
winners of each category.
• 1st $75
• 2nd $50
• 3rd $25
Only one prize per applicant. The winning photos will be submitted to be published
in an off campus publication.