Michigan Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships Conference
Please note: Online registration will close Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Onsite registration will be available in Lansing on Wednesday, August 13 from 6:00-8:00
p.m. and Thursday, August 14 from 7:00-8:45 a.m. Please contact Cheryl Cluchey with
any questions at email@example.com.
Creating Successful College Credit Opportunities for Michigan High School Students
Date: August 14, 2014
Location: Best Western Plus, Lansing, Michigan
Conference Cost: $25.00 Registration Fee
Michigan Concurrent Enrollment Partnership Membership: $50.00 fee
Who Should Come: Secondary and Postsecondary Educators interested in Pre-College Enrollment Opportunities
for High School Students
Accommodations:If you need overnight accommodations, please contact Megan at Megan@specialeventsllc.com.
Why attend the first annual, Creating Successful College Credit Opportunities for
Michigan High School Students Conference?
- Learn about the critical partnerships between secondary and postsecondary educational
institutions that lead to strong programs and possible increased enrollment in secondary
and postsecondary programs.
- Learn about best practices from successful programs that support student achievement
and college enrollment while still in high school.
- Discuss how alignment of curriculum and assessment for concurrent enrollment programs
supports the integrity and quality of college courses.
- Discover how AP and IB courses provide high schools with higher level classes that
can help students to get a jump-start on college.
- Learn how instructor selection, orientation and training prepare high school instructors
to teach college courses through concurrent enrollment in the high school setting.
- Discover how the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP) can
help postsecondary institutions to develop a program that meets NACEP standards of
quality and can lead to accreditation for your concurrent enrollment program.
- Gain a greater understanding of the dual enrollment legislation in Michigan.
- Learn more about secondary pupil accounting, funding and legislative issues regarding
dual and concurrent enrollment.
- Learn about the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) as it relates to dual credit opportunities
for high school students.
For more information, please contact Conference and Professional Services at (800) 562-9130 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding MiCEP, please contact Deedee Stakley at email@example.com or Laura Percival at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2014 MiCEP Conference is being underwritten by a partnership with the Muskegon