Part 2 Subpart 2-4 Committees of the Board
Sec. 2-409. Functions of the Academic Affairs/Student Affairs Committee Relating to Academic Affairs.
The Academic Affairs/Student Affairs Committee shall exercise oversight and review
of policy, planning, and strategic academic issues, and shall make recommendations
to the Board concerning these issues and issues relating to the maintenance of the
integrity of the University's role and mission. In particular, the Academic Affairs/Student
Affairs Committee shall:
- Review and make recommendations to the Board regarding certain new academic programs,
program terminations, and changes in the locations of programs, to the extent that
the Board has reserved to itself an obligation to review and take final action with
respect thereto elsewhere in this Code.
- Establish, with guidance from the President, an Information Calendar, specifying data
the Committee needs to receive, in what form, and how often.
- Receive, review, and (where appropriate) make recommendations regarding, reports resulting
from the Academic Program Review process.
- Receive, review, and (where appropriate) make recommendations regarding, reports regarding
the planning processes and objectives of the Academic Affairs Division.
- Receive, review, and (where appropriate) make recommendations regarding, the formal
reports and recommendations of the Academic Senate and other major academic groups.
- Perform such other functions as may from time to time be assigned by the Board.
Subpart 3-2. Programming Responsibilities.