PART 2 SUBPART 2-3 OFFICERS AND APPOINTEES OF THE BOARD
Sec. 2-310. Appointment and Duties of the Recording Secretary.
The Board shall appoint a Recording Secretary, who shall be a person recommended by
the President and who shall serve at the pleasure of the Board and the President.
The Recording Secretary shall not be a Trustee. The Recording Secretary shall perform
the following duties:
- Keep the minutes of each meeting of the Board and of each meeting of a committee of
the Board, showing the date, time, and place of the meeting; the members present;
the members absent; any decisions made or actions taken at a meeting open to the public,
and the purpose or purposes for which any closed session is held. The minutes shall
include all roll call votes taken at the meeting.
- Cause to be given and/or posted all required public notices of meetings of the Board
or of its committees for which public notice must be given.
- Have custody of all books, papers, documents, records, and other property deposited
in the Office of the Board.
- Be the custodian of the corporate seal, with the authority to affix said seal on all
documents, the execution of which, on behalf of the University, shall have been duly
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President or the Board.
In the absence of the Recording Secretary, the Chairperson or other presiding officer
of the Board may appoint a temporary secretary to perform the duties of the Recording
Sec. 2-413. Minutes of committee meetings.
Sec. 2-404. Reports of action taken by the Executive Committee.
Prior Board Action:
Entire Subpart 2-3 included in October 19, 2001 Codification, Phase I.
Entire Subpart 2-3 included in October 22, 2004 Codification, Phase II.
July 11, 2012.