Absences - Excused with Documentation
- University-sponsored events in which an excused absence form from the University is
presented to the SLA facilitator (i.e. sports travel, approved field trip with another
- Death in the family. Appropriate verification will be needed such as an obituary
in the newspaper, funeral card, or note from the funeral home.
- Extended hospitalization. Appropriate verification will be required from your physician
and hospital. This does not include emergency room visits or doctor appointments
- For students who are commuters—dangerous weather conditions in which driving is considered
by local police authorities to be unsafe.
- Being called to testify in a court case or jury duty – but not for being arrested.
- Active military duty. (Verification required)
- These excused absences require that official documentation be provided within two
(2) weeks of the absence. If it is not provided within the 2-week timeframe, it remains
an unexcused absence.