How does a course become an SLA course?
There are a number of factors in determining eligibility of a course for SLA support.
- Is the course historically a high-risk-for-failure course? (course difficulty)
- Is the course a required course for most programs
- Is this course part of a sequence, that if failed, will disrupt or end progression
through a program?
- Does the professor want an SLA workshop attached to his/her course?
- Is the SLA program able to fund the course under consideration
- Does the course meet Perkins funding requirements?
Please contact the SLA program coordinator if you are interested in participating
in the SLA program.