Before her retirement in 2012, Maude Bigford, who served as coordinator of the Program from its founding, created a fund to provide scholarships to Honors students in financial need. The criteria included:
- The scholarships shall be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student in the Honors program of sophomore, junior or senior standing majoring in any program at Ferris State University.
- The recipient shall have a minimum 3.25 GPA at the time of application.
- When awarding this scholarship, special consideration may be given to students who have demonstrated leadership and service to the community of Ferris State University.
- Preference shall be given to eligible students who demonstrate financial need determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and have a minimum of 3.25 at the time of application.
How to add your support
How to give to the Maude Bigford Scholarship
- Visit the Ferris State University 'Other & Current Speciality Campaigns' page, and specify the amount.
- When you click 'Donate Now', you'll be taken to a page that will let you specify the Maude Bigford Scholarship: put 'Honors Program' in the drop-down, and 'The Maude Bigford Scholarship' in the 'Comments or specific designation' box.
History of the scholarship
The scholarships were first awarded in 2014, and have been awarded annually ever since: