These forms have a dual purpose: first to encourage meaningful reflection, and second
to track commitments of individual honors students. We will also use this information
to measure the outcomes of the program as a whole. Reflection facilitates learning
by connecting experience to cognition. We hope you take advantage of the opportunity
to reflect specifically and honestly about your experience in Honors. We are looking
for accurate self-appraisal as you Contribute, Expand, Develop, and Participate in
a community of learners.
The links below take you to forms that will allow you to report directly to the Honors
program. Please note the expectations about when to complete each form; if you have
any questions or concerns please consult with the Honors Program office. All forms
allow you to save your work and resume at a later time
- Cultural Event Report - 3 per semester, 6 per year, within two weeks of attendance.
- Complete cultural events within two weeks of attendance at an event while the experience
is still vivid in memory. Students who have completed at least one semester in Honors
can choose to either reflect on their experience or merely report attendance at an
event. First semester students must complete a full reflection, which will be emailed
to their HNRS100 Professor.
- Annual Accomplishments - Once per academic year, at the end of each academic year.
- Every student completes this reflection at the at the end of each academic year. The
form will ask you about how you have progressed in the four columns.
- Leadership report - Once, at any time before completion.
- This report asks you to reflect on your accomplishments and leadership style. Please
consult the student handbook for readings on leadership styles.
- Preparation for Final Year in Honors - Once, 1 year, or 2 semesters, before your anticipated graduation date. (i.e. 'Junior' status)
- The preparation form is an opportunity to start thinking about your Senior Symposium
project and ensure you have a positive experience that connects to your passions.
You must complete this form before you can register for the senior symposium.
- Application for Medallion / Cords - Once, prior to Senior Symposium, usually the last thursday before the last week
classes in the semester you intend to graduate (i.e. 'Senior' status).
- This reflection encourages you to take a long view of your experience in Honors and
confirms your completion of all aspects of the program.
All forms allow you to save your work and resume at a later time.