General Education at Ferris State University
Student Outcomes Criteria for Cultural Enrichment On the completion of the cultural enrichment requirement, students should:
- Have an increased ability to interpret cultural works as a part of a culture.
- Be able to justify those interpretations with an understanding of the interpretive
- Be able to look at works or historical events from different perspectives.
- Be better able to make and justify valuing (aesthetic and ethical) distinctions.
- Exhibit improved distinctions in perception, craft, and/or life choices.
- Have increased knowledge of the techniques or methodology of a discipline in the humanities.
- Have increased knowledge about some aspects of cultures.
- Better understand themselves as part of cultures with rich historical perspectives.
- Be able to gain increased self understanding through works of culture.
- Have an increased inclination to engage in the humanities (whether reading a work
of literature, attending a play, reading a biography, or listening to quality music)
as a way of better understanding themselves and their world or enhancing the quality
of their lives.