Northern Bank Building
In January 1885, just a few months after opening their school, growing enrollment precipitated the move to the more spacious third floor of the Northern Bank Building (now the location of Fifth Third Bank). The Ferris' also changed the name to the Ferris Industrial School. Over the next few years, the Ferris' added to their classroom space to include other buildings in the downtown area.
There is a plaque outside of the Fifth/Third Bank building that designates the site as the first permanent location of the University.
Timeline highlights change weekly. Stop back soon to read more about Ferris history!